This weekend was a 3 day mighty cleaning adventure.
I got non pumice Goop waterless hand cleaner on a whim…and it worked! Used up almost an entire box of Q-tips but after some time I clean what I thought was a mostly black machine only to discover she is covered with beautiful enamel.
A wee snake lives on the back of the pillar with many flower and plants.
The fender (at least what I am calling a fender) has a lovely vine of flowers.
The front of the pillar cleaned up lovely as did the Sphinx.
Sadly the base was quite silver before I even started.
Once I got her exterior tidied up and shining I delved into her inner workings… About a well fed mousie’s worth of dust and dirt were living in there.
Serial number and the patents…
The shuttle complete with thread so old it actually shattered when I was removing it from the spool.
The accessory kit isn’t complete but it is still quite fabulous in its special box. Even have the manual for the kit and a box of quite old thread. Something to be said of the good old days…they made everything so lovely, the script, art work, wee details you just don’t see any more!
Clean up and gorgeous, oiled to perfection, Jim installed the belt… wow! Quite the work out to get the speed going just right. May need to install a Schnauzer guard however as Shamus feels he needs to catch and stop the wheel by the treadle…with his face…
Now to figure out how to wind the thread onto the shuttle, adjust tensions, thread her and start practicing!