AND my first pair of booties!
Here’s the pattern if anyone else in interested: http://www.purlbee.com/storage/felt_baby_shoes_template.pdf
I made mine out of 2 layers of flannel rather than felt, less itchy. These were done by hand, took me a few hours spread over a few days. After finishing this pair I think I could probably do these on the machine. That contemplation is planned for this weekend. I also added ribbon ties rather than elastic on the inside of the bootie so mom can better control how tight the booty is…and no irritation on tender skin either…well let’s just say I infrequently actually follow the instructions J what’s totally nice is this pattern is so small I can use the scraps left over from the many other sweet baby projects, no need to buy anything new! Well and the scraps are already piled in tidy coordinating sets of 2…way too easy! I do need to invest in new pinking shears as the one’s I have makes me feel like I’m cutting through wood paneling rather than nice soft flannel! This pair will be going to God’s Tiny Angels to warm the feet of a sweet baby in need!