Working on the Peeps Quilt… 2 down, 20 to go! Since each one takes about a week…this will be quite the long term project.
Finished the Natalia Angel block on August 23rd. I layered her dress using a textured damask and a cotton with a finished edge. The pattern didn’t have any hair so I added a few extra lines to it then embroidered a few curls. Her mouth is a French knot. Her wings are left over scraps from making angel buntings, think it’s quite fitting. Added a border so her block will be the same size as the other peeps blocks… of course I totally forgot to measure the block. Her pattern can be found for free at: http://www.thequiltedsnail.com/patterns/angel.pdf
As usual I piece the me block before starting anyone else’s… this way if I screw up it’s just little old me and I could make another. I can’t say as my legs have ever looked thinner! OK I did mess up the mouth… I should stick to one French knot for everyone else’s mouths… 3 knots make me look like I’ve have some sort of enlargement gone wrong. Wee little Barbie buttons make for the perfect eye color. I used this cool corn fabric for my hair and left over tie dyed heavy cotton for the background… painfully bright! According to the pattern this block is 8X10 finished…didn’t measure it however. This pattern had to be purchased but I think it was well worth the $9! https://www.quiltandsewshop.com/product/PS-Recess-Digital-Pattern/New-In-Quiltmaker