Silently Smiling Sunshine day 2…by the light(s) of a reptile tank…I think his eyes came out great although I never knew the sun suffered from heterotropia, bummer. He is being created on 11X14 Paris Paper using Faber Castell Pitt & Pigma Micron pens…haven’t decided if I will color him in by hand or make a copy when he’s done and color that one OR digitally color him…I do so like the clean look of the black and the white…I’m so neither here nor there most of the time… I will have to take the final photo with white light…the hint of red and green is festive but just not the black and white that he will be. April 8th 2014
for my All Who Dwell in my Heart Quilt. Made this block out of cottons and flannel I’ve used to make quilts, lovies, angel pockets http://danettesangels.tripod.com/ and teeny diapers http://teenytears.blogspot.com/. I plan on making a super teeny diaper to sew onto the orange spackled fabric. The monkey in the heart is for all the sock monkeys and sock beasties that now reside across the planet http://www.operationsockmonkey.com/ and that wee sheep with the pacifier is for all the babies I’ve helped keep warm.…the pattern is free and can be found at: http://www.paperpanache.com/free/guestpats/aheart.htm I blew it up a bit on the copier…paper pieced by hand…that’s how I roll…I’ll be adding ribbons by machine and hand embroider ‘good works’ on the frame of the heart. Paper piecing Completed July 15th 2013…block is about 8.2 inches square. One more block to go and I’ll have all 20 blocks completed for this quilt!
Shamus being rudely awaken by yours truly…even though diner was a while ago I can still smell essence of Cesar meat goo supper…yummy! September 16th 2012
Art trade gift via Deviant art of semi steam punk monkey, note skulls and gears…not a pro at this steam punk stuff yet, and matching bat choker and earrings made on the embroidery machine…think it makes a nice combinations of dark silliness! This will be going to Scotland on Wednesday! September 15th 2012
Lipless singers of a socky simian flavor…3 of the remaining 29 WIP monkey butts…stuffed and ready for the copious hand sewing and doo-hicky attachment. Most if not all will be going to Operation Sock Monkeyhttp://www.operationsockmonkey.com/ unless there’s a birthday or something that comes up that has need of a monkey…be ready people…if you get a gift from me…it will probably be a monkey! September 16th 2012
Cool cars seen at Nickel Dickel days in Waconia…no idea what variety of vehicle these are, I just like the shape, curves and colors of them! September 15th 2012
Shamus…where’s my new pizzle?!? Love the way the sun is shining through his ears making them a little pinker! September 16th 2012
This weekends pile of WIP monkey butts…so much stuffing! I need to get more so their mouths won’t be deflated and hanging…they all have that shock and awe look about them….Gasp…what’s behind you…AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh! In harmony of course! Most if not all will be going to Operation Sock Monkeyhttp://www.operationsockmonkey.com/ unless there’s a birthday or something that comes up that has need of a monkey…be ready people…if you get a gift from me…it will probably be a monkey! September 16th 2012
Me and my new hat…take my word for it…it is a wicked cool hat! Goes with everything I own! Purchased at Nickel Dickel days in Waconia, got it for half off! September 16th 2012
Work In Process…Very blue baby boy quilt top complete…will either have sheep flannel backing or solid baby blue backing…it’ll be tied with blue embroidery floss. This will be going to Louisiana for Mary for a baby shower (hope it gets there in time!) 48″ X 36″ unfinished I’ve left overs of the snowflake fabric I mixed with light teal to make a preemie or newborn sized quilt to donate…
I made 4 postcard sized rectangles out of 4 different lovely batiks then painted goddesses on them with metallic paint (4 different colors of course) they’ve lived in a baggie with a few other batiks I’ve found along the way for almost a year now…I going to finally make them into a wall quilt with prairie points along the bottom!
Contemplated in WORD, then tranfered into Paint then arcsoft to make it into a jpeg.
this one’s been Gimped to see what the colors would look like. The pastel/metallic batik prarie points are already cut out and all the fabrics are ready for the big chop n sew! I really can’t wait, some hand quilting for in front of the boob tube. I’ve got this great outerspace stars and planets fabric I’m going to use for the backing…should be a weight inducing feast for the eyes!